This job is no longer available
A well known, well established and growing fertiliser company are seeking a Sales Person, Business Development Manager, or Sales Trainee to cover Northumberland and the North East of England. This role with continue to develop the existing customer base and also further develop the range of products and blends. The company manufacture a range of “niche” fertilisers, primarily for the agricultural sector with applications across arable crops, grassland, horticultural crops and amenity areas.
This role will be focused on selling these agricultural fertiliser and soil nutrition products and also seed, grass seed and agrochemicals to farmers in the region. The role will involve picking up a ledger of existing farmer clients, and also the generation of new business in the future. Full product training can be given and also the company is able to provide technical advice and support for the fertiliser products as required. The company have manufacturing plants to supply an extensive range of niche products.
The role is home based and so can be based anywhere in Northumberland, Durham. or the Cumbria Border area.
- Strong farming and agricultural background – with up to date farming knowledge.
- Agricultural qualification (degree/HND) helpful but not essential.
- Sound understanding of soil nutrients and fertilisers.
- Up to date knowledge of UK Agricultural Industry both Arable and Livestock.
- Self – starter, with lots of drive and determination.
- Previous sales, marketing, or business development experience in the Agricultural Sector ideal but not essential as training can be given if required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- IT literacy helpful
- Willing to travel around the region as required.
- Full UK driving licence
Excellent salary + Car + company benefits.
There will be ongoing career opportunities for ambitious individuals in this growing and successful business.
Please call Margaret Wilkinson for a confidential discussion and to find out more about this opportunity on 01423 326034/ 07875 197231 (8am – 8pm) or email your CV and enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB. This advertisement does not constitute any part of any future contract of employment. Candidates must satisfy themselves as to the duties and responsibilities of the role before accepting any offer of employment