This job is no longer available
Working area: Other
Location: BASF plc, Agricultural Products Division
Development Centre, Woolpit, Bury St. Edmunds
Working Hours: Full-time
Contract Type: Permanent
We are the world’s leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF plc, the BASF Group’s main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, crop protection products, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions and plastics.
What you can expect:
• You will manage and motivate a team of Development Agronomists to deliver the regional development programme to support European projects & meet local
registration needs. Representing the region in appropriate European Technical meetings to support an optimised approach to product
development will be a critical element of the role.
• Preparing budget proposals, you will manage costs within an agreed budget.
• You will also ensure trials quality is maintained at a high level, ensuring a high success rate in meeting objectives.
• Managing and negotiating with trials contractors, you will ensure data quality and cost control.
• Responsible for Health and Safety and day-to-day management of the Woolpit Development Centre, you will work within a cross functional environment, and ensure development activities
to support the strategic objectives of the organisation.
What we expect:
You have a degree in Agriculture or a Biology related subject, as well as extensive knowledge of development activities. A broader knowledge of the Crop Protection industry would also be an advantage. Excellent leadership and entrepreneurial skills are essential, in addition to strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including a company car
and attractive benefits, as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Closing date: 4 May 2012
Expect to be surprised by the exciting range of career opportunities at BASF.
Reference code EN52547825_ONLE_3
Please apply online at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to
BASF Services Europe GmbH
Recruiting Services Europe
PO Box 11 02 48
10832 Berlin, Germany
For more information please contact: Tel.: 00800 33 0000 33 E-Mail: email@example.com