This job is no longer available
A first class opportunity has arisen for a professional Commercial Manager in the wholesale feed co-products sector in Scotland.
The principle responsibility is to maintain and grow wholesale business in Scotland to achieve sustainable profit growth whilst adapting to the changing landscape of co product production & marketing in Scotland.
The successful applicant will have:
• A well developed & insightful understanding of the Scottish feed market
• An ability to develop strong positive customer and supplier relationships
• A good understanding of Scottish livestock industry (qualification in agriculture)
• Business acumen – ability to establish key business relationships.
• Interpersonally strong – Empathetic yet decisive
• The role will be home based but with an expectation that 2 days per week will be spent in the office
• The ability to gain respect as the wholesale commercial leader for the Scottish business.
• Profitable business development.
• Analysis of market opportunities.
• Service current merchant customer base and identify new potential customers
• Support buyers in negotiations with suppliers pertinent to the Scottish business.
• To develop sales of a range of products to wholesale customers in Scotland
• To maximise sales and margin opportunity
• To work with management colleagues to identify/develop sales to agreed targets
• To train merchant staff to sell products yourself
• To manage customer Age Debt within agreed terms
• To maintain up to date market information on all wholesale accounts and to provide regular general market feedback
The comprehensive reward package consists of a negotiable salary and performance bonus plus car and contributory pension.
Please call for more information about our client and this challenging role.
Please be assured that all calls are treated in complete confidence.
John Davies on 01684 310208 / 07980 859953 (8am-8pm)
You can e-mail your enquiry or CV (in Word or RTF format please, not PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB. This advertisement does not constitute any part of any future contract of employment.
Candidates should satisfy themselves as to the details of the role before accepting any offer of employment.