This job is no longer available
A well established and reputable Agricultural Business serving farmers in Yorkshire and the North of England is currently seeking a Seed Manager (or Trainee) to join their friendly team. The business is a successful and growing one combining traditional values of service and quality with modern technology and systems. This wide ranging role offers an excellent career opportunity.
The Seed Manager will have overall responsibility for the seed department within the business. Grass, Forage and Cereal seed are all supplied and the business operates a dedicated seed processing and production facility. The company prides itself on delivering quality products and advice, helping to improve the output and margins of farmer customers and developing lasting business relationships.
Responsibilities will include:-
- Advising customers on seed variety choice, crop production and establishment techniques.
- Overall responsibility for all areas of seed administration, labelling and legislation.
- Marketing and sales brand development through distributors and direct to existing client base.
- Seed purchasing, quality, production, packaging and distribution.
- Management of production staff, production scheduling and staff training.
- Out of season on farm sales development, seed catalogue production, website updating, etc.
- Attendance at trade shows and farm open days.
- Extensive knowledge of the seed industry and agriculture generally.
- Knowledge of crop production techniques (grassland, forage and /or arable)
- Agricultural Sales and marketing experience ideal
- Knowledge of agricultural seed legislation helpful.
- A Seed Sampling Licence or FACTS or BASIS qualifications would be a great advantage.
- Thorough and accurate organisational skills
- Self motivated, driven and determined.
- Ambitious and able to grow the business.
A competitive salary package with benefits awaits the right candidate.
Rural location in North Yorkshire.
To discuss this opportunity confidentially, please call Margaret Wilkinson on 01423 326034 / 07875 197231 (8am -8pm) or register your interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB. This is not a complete job description. Candidates must satisfy themselves about the job details before accepting an offer of employment