Assistant Operations Manager – Welsh Borders
An excellent new opportunity has become available for an individual to join a successful team based on the Welsh Borders. Our client is truly passionate about providing quality food products from field to fork whilst committing to the environment.
Your primary role will be working closely with the business owner on a diverse 3,000+ acre farm consisting of potatoes, cereals, fruit, poultry and AD. This is an exciting role within a small effective team, offering a unique opportunity to grow within the business and develop a career.
Main duties will be varied, you will be the main point of contact for the owner on a day-today basis for co-ordinating the efficient function and operations of the farm. This will primarily be based within the potato sector of the business, but you will be involved with the other farming enterprises as and when required.
The successful candidate will be reliable, conscientious, and self-motivated. The farm is well maintained with modern machinery and equipment. This is fantastic opportunity for the right individual to join a thriving family business.
- A broad technical understanding and background of practical arable production – particularly potatoes.
- A strong desire to learn all aspects of running a food production business from primary production through to retail relationship management.
- Numerate and IT literate.
- Ideally BASIS qualified - not essential but would require a sound agronomy understanding.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with changing priorities.
- An enthusiastic and flexible team player with good interpersonal skills and drive to succeed.
- UK driving licence.
Salary Package; In return for this unique opportunity, a competitive salary will be provided along with a vehicle and other benefits.
Interested? For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Laura Edwards on: Office 01885 483 440, DDI 01885 485 529, Mobile 07506 297 071 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com Thank you.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
More searches like this
- Farm Work Trainee £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in County of Herefordshire
- Arable & Agronomy Trainee £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in County of Herefordshire
- Machinery Trainee £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in County of Herefordshire
- Crop Science & Nutrition Trainee £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in County of Herefordshire
- Technical Trainee £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in County of Herefordshire