FARM MANAGER (Caribbean - Sweet Potato)
1 day left
- Full Time
WHAT’S THE JOB? FARM MANAGER
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A Partnership Farming Organisation, who are growers and suppliers of Potato / Sweet Potato. With 2 farms one in Ireland and one in the Caribbean.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Sweet Potato
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Competitive Salary with Excellent Benefits
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Caribbean/Ireland
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? As an experienced Farm Manager you will take responsibility of the day to day management of the Farming Operation in the Caribbean growing Sweet Potatoes after a short period working on the Potato and mixed farm in Ireland.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage the Farming Operation for the business, with responsibility for the lifecycle of Sweet Potato from planting to harvest including production tasks, crop rotation schedules and farm maintenance to a highly sustainable level
- Management of the team of staff and ensuring the smooth running of the whole process
- Plan harvest activities, organise operations and help to maintain produce quality
- Human resource management tasks: disciplinary processes, re-organisation of labour force, labour management planning, farm staff performance appraisal system and staff training assessments
- Sometimes you will be required to perform tasks of cultivation, planting, fertilizing, spraying, irrigating, and directing the harvest operations
- Provide up-to-date reports on crop conditions and crop progress to management
- Establish maintenance schedules for equipment and oversee inventory management system
- Materially participate in other aspects of the diverse operation including spraying, planting and harvest, and machinery maintenance
- Being responsible for the general running of the farm Eg. Manage the sourcing of all inputs – seed, fertilisers, machinery, etc
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- Ability to manage and run the Farm activities in all areas and meet targeted production and growth projections
- Minimum 2 years Farm Management experience in Potato / Root Crop farming
- Have a proven ability in large scale agribusiness management
- Experience of managing a team of people and gaining the best out of them
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- The ability to quickly learn and implement technology
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
- Have the ability to act with tact and diplomacy in motivating and disciplining staff
- Be able to provide role clarity and ensure teamwork amongst staff
- Be self-motivated and able to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside the Company
- Degree in Crop and Soil Sciences, Agriculture or related fields, preferred but not essential
- Be receptive to learning new technologies to help improve productivity and profitability of the farm
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish is an advantage but not essential
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
So, we have your attention and motivation? We would love to hear from you if you are keen to find out more. In the first instance, please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to email@example.com and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated with confidence.
• Have you worked in or had any of the following roles: Farm Management, Root Crop Management, Farm Manager, Root Crops, Potato Management, Estate Management, Potato Growing, Potato Manager
WHO ARE WE? JP Trett is a specialist recruitment business, we are specialists…specialists in agriculture and rural business. Our clients are either professionals looking for exciting moves, or employers looking for that special person to fill their niche role. As one of the most highly respected specialist agricultural recruitment companies in the UK, Europe and beyond we know the Agri-rural market intimately. And as a global provider, we have tremendous reach, both in finding candidates and must-have positions. We have many years of recruiting agricultural and rural business professionals in exciting and demanding positions. Whether you want to be a Farm Manager, Agronomist, Sales Director or similar, we will find the opportunity to match your skills. JP Trett covers most industries and markets within the agricultural and rural business sectors.