Feed Blends Development Manager
A Feed Blends Development Manager is wanted to work in an office based agricultural supply business in the North West organizing and supporting the sale of added value feed blends. The company and its branded feed products will be well known to GB dairy, cattle and sheep farmers.
The job will be to receive and make contact with livestock farmers throughout Great Britain either through the company’s on farm sales force or directly by telephone. Previous jobs in either trading or sales experience to livestock farmers, or telephone or customer service would be helpful in providing the experience in this role. Knowledge of agriculture and experience of the feeding of farm livestock would be essential for this role along with enthusiasm and an outgoing personality to succeed. Identification and knowledge of feed ingredients used in feeding farm livestock is essential for the role.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Confident on the telephone with ability to identify sales opportunities, build good relationships and network at all levels
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, effective under pressure
- A good understanding of dairy nutrition and an ability to formulate diets
- Strong organizational and time management skills so that results are delivered and deadlines met
- Enthusiastic, flexible, adaptive and resilient
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft software programmes
- An enthusiasm for sales
Recent agriculture/animal science graduates who have had on-farm experience post-graduation are also encouraged to apply if they can fit into this fast and entrepreneurial commercial business.
This role will work in the company's offices located in West Midlands – please ring for location details.