Business Development Manager - CHAP
Crop Health and Protection (CHAP) is one of four Centres for Agricultural Innovation and a key component of the government’s Agri-Tech strategy, owing to continued growth a further Business Development Manager (BDM) is now sought.
The BDM will report to the Commercial Director, and will work with the existing BDM, to develop a pipeline of new business and manage existing customers to improve CHAP’s market position and achieve financial growth. This requires a thorough knowledge of the sector and CHAP’s capabilities.
The BDM will engage with the CHAP Partners, including leading Scientists, to identify opportunities across SME’s, large AgriBusiness companies, growers, seed companies, soil experts, retailers, and the whole supply chain. This role has a strong sales focus.
· Identify business opportunities and recognise the potential for innovation in Agriculture and Agrifood sectors
· Help to define long-term strategic goals
· Build high level strategic key relationships in the sector.
· Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting them with new solutions, services and support where possible.
· Readily develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide necessary support
· Engage companies/businesses in collaborative research projects, working closely with the Innovation Team
· Prospect for new business by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means, working closely with the Marketing Team on marketing campaigns and content.
· Make presentations or develop solutions and services that meet clients’ current and future needs.
· Negotiate and close business deals.
· Attend sector events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on the broader sector.
· Develop specialist knowledge of the Agri-Tech sector, and CHAP’s capabilities, in order to be able to respond professionally and with confidence to enquiries.
- A scientific degree.
- Proven track record in business development or sales in Agriculture, Horticulture, AgriBusiness or AgriFood
- Able to build rapport and effective relationships easily and quickly across a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Strong sales skills will be required from prospecting through to closing skills and planning.
- Experience of working in the sector and an established network of contacts across the sector
- Communication skills
- Team Player with collaborative style of work
- Willing to travel around the UK on average 2 – 3 days per week.
- Full driving licence
Location: Home based
Salary: Attractive package & benefits
For a confidential discussion and comprehensive job profile please call Margaret Wilkinson of Hunter Chase Consultants on 07921 454473 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org