Our client is significantly expanding their UK Wine industry business. This is your opportunity to join one of the most exciting projects in the UK viticulture industry. You will be part of a dynamic and friendly team.
Continued growth and expansion means the business needs to strengthen team with a Vineyard Manager. This biodynamic vineyard is located in the South East of England. It grows Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Regent and Solaris, make sparkling whites, sparkling rosé, still white, still red and still rosé. Vines are currently arranged in six blocks across two sites, with 33 acres planted.
The business has acquired a further 75 acres of land and will plant a series of new blocks in 2019. You will plan and complete a range of vineyard management tasks as well as oversee the planting and care of vines and soil.
- Management of growth, production and planting in existing and new vineyards, using biodynamic principals
- Close Liaison with directors to ensure grapes are harvested produced of the right type and quality to match desired wine output
- Canopy management
- Inter-row cultivation
- Biodynamic preparations of tisanes (ideally)
- Experience in Viticulture operations of an established Vineyard - UK or elsewhere in the world.
- Degree in Viticulture or equivalent preferable
- Organisational, logistical and people management skills essential
- Biodynamic and/or Organic farming experience would be good not essential
- Extensive knowledge of fungal disease control including the non-use of chemicals
- Excellent administration skills (eg Spraying records)
- A can-do attitude and a keenness to be involved in all aspects and job functions on the estate
- Tractor Driving certification, Spraying certification, Forklift Truck certification
Salary and benefits are negotiable according to experience and personal circumstances.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Stuart Goodinson on: Office 01885 483440 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.