Managing Director for LS Plant Breeding Ltd
LS Plant Breeding Ltd is part of a very successful privately-owned German plant breeding company. Based at Impington north of Cambridge, LS Plant Breeding continues to develop a wide portfolio of oil seed rape, cereal and pulse varieties suited for the UK, improving on current yields and agronomic characteristics.
This is a key role which encompasses the responsibility of developing and implementing a comprehensive business plan for the UK operation, ensuring that a range of financial operational criteria is met.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Provide strategic advice to the Board
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated throughout the company and that they are followed
- Act as a public speaker and PR representative of the company to strengthen its profile
- Company nominated representative on trade associations (AIC, BSPB, BEPA etc) and official bodies such as DEFRA and NIAB
- Manage the UK based team and the full range of breeding programmes
Candidates will need to have experience in developing strategy and business plans and demonstrate extensive technical and commercial management capability. An understanding of corporate finance is required and some familiarity of corporate law would be desirable. Well-developed UK plant breeding or seed trade experience is a distinct advantage although candidates from other parts of agribusiness will be considered. Excellent communication and motivational skills coupled with an aptitude for problem-solving is also required.
A competitive and comprehensive employment package is on offer for the right candidate.
For a confidential discussion about the role please call Brian Hutchison of Hunter Chase Consultants on 07765222625 or email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org