Bush Estate, Penicuik
£28,642 - £33,587 per annum
(We may consider appointing at Trainee or entry level on a lower grade)
SRUC is unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe. Our ambitious and exciting vision is to work at local, national and international levels, leading innovation and sustainable development in agriculture and rural sectors.
SAC Consulting Solutions is a group within SRUC and is formed from a number of teams in divided into four regions in a variety of locations spread across the country. This post is located at Technopole, Bush Estate, near Penicuik which is in the Central region, however regular travel will be required to fulfil the requirements of the role.
The group provides an unrivalled level of consultancy service to farmers, crofters and the wider rural sector.
We currently require an Environmental Consultant who will be responsible for undertaking project work with SAC Consulting’s clients in the agricultural and rural industries on a wide range of topics including; climate change adaption and mitigation, sustainable drainage and flood management, environmental permitting and planning, energy management and renewables, building design and other topical issues.
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in line with H&S and quality standards.
- Understanding of environmental regulation in a rural context in Scotland.
- Maintaining knowledge of carbon reduction and other environmental targets and policies with respect to the rural sector.
- Providing support to other team members in the collection of field data.
- Preparation of graphical information using GIS and CAD software.
- Writing up findings and editing reports for clients, regulators and publication.
- Preparation of material including PowerPoint presentations, handouts and posters for knowledge transfer events
- Maintaining technical records and timesheets and monitoring budgets for specific projects.
Applicants should possess a degree in an environmental subject, agriculture or similar relevant subject.
This is a full time appointment on a fixed term basis for 12 months initially.
Closing date: 29th August 2019
Please note that CVs will not be accepted without a completed application form.
SRUC Leading the way in Agricultural and Rural Research, Education & Consultancy.
SRUC is committed to valuing Diversity, advancing Equality and respecting Human Rights throughout the organisation and encouraging applications from disabled people using the “Disability Confident Employer” symbol. SRUC is a member of the Athena SWAN charter.
SRUC. A Charitable company limited by guarantee, SC003712. Registered in Scotland No SC103046
To apply for this role, or for more information, please click the Apply button.