Farming Community Network West Haddon, Northampton
7 days left
- Full Time
Farming Community Network
West Haddon, Northampton
Farming Community Network (FCN) is an important charity which provides practical and pastoral support to both farmers and their families. FCN coordinates a group of more than 400 volunteers nationally who support those working in farming as they deal with the wide range of personal and professional challenges they face. FCN deals with c. 2,500 cases each year and more than 6,000 people benefit from its work, notably the provision of a helpline which is open from 7am to 11pm daily throughout the year with follow-up face to face support from local volunteers operating in 33 county groups.
The Chief Executive vacancy arises as a result of the retirement of Charles Smith at the end of 2019. His successor will need to bring an affinity with the cause of the charity and the sector it serves. S/he will also be committed to its Christian mission.
The ideal candidate will bring relevant experience and gravitas to the charity and role to lead, motivate and manage its team of staff and volunteers. S/he will also demonstrate the following:
- Experience within a charity specialising in advice, counselling and helplines;
- A strategic outlook and approach to organisations and evidence of contributing to their successful development;
- Commitment to the Network’s Christian mission;
- An enthusiasm for developing new and innovative ways of supporting people;
- An evident enthusiasm for working with, managing and leading a wide range of people and experience working with volunteers;
- An active interest in – and ideally experience of working in – agriculture and an empathy with farmers;
- Experience of working within or alongside DEFRA and related organisations;
- A strong financial background;
- An empathy for the clients the charity serves and the importance of its work;
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
Deadline for applications is midday Monday 23rd September with interviews taking place on Friday 4th October. A panel of trustees will be chaired by FCN Chair Mark Suthern.
To apply for this role, or for more information, please click the Apply button.