Assistant Herd Manager
Assistant Herd Manager Required
Stowell Farms is a mixed farming estate in the Vale of Pewsey, Wiltshire. The dairy unit is home to a herd of 530 high yielding Holstein cows milked 3x and TMR fed. This is a modern dairy unit, embracing the latest technology and incorporating forward thinking best practice to be among the best in the industry.
We have an opportunity for an experienced cow focussed dairy person to join the team and demonstrate first class skills in stockmanship, working alongside the Herd Manager to achieve our business objectives.
We are looking for a strong and experienced candidate, able to demonstrate:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong understanding of the needs of a modern high yielding cow
- Top level cow health and welfare standards
- The ability to identify health problems and treat as necessary
- Working knowledge of dairy software and good IT skills
- Experience in AI, with good conception rates
- Excellent standard of foot trimming
- Excellent teamwork and a strong work ethic
- Initiative to solve problems and find solutions
- The ability to lead the team and take responsibility for the herd and the unit in the Herd Manager’s absence.
- Working closely with the management team, including external consultants and advisors to maximise efficiency and profitability
- Help in creating and implementing protocols to ensure consistent processes and procedures
- Have enthusiasm for the industry and the ability to identify future opportunities
- A willingness to learn about all areas of the business and adapting skills and knowledge appropriate to the role
In return, we will offer a competitive package, including accommodation, along with the opportunity for career progression and personal development. If you think you fit the description above and would like to join a forward thinking and ambitious team in an expanding business, we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this role, or for more information, please click the apply button.