PRODUCT SUPPORT ENGINEER
WHAT’S THE JOB? PRODUCT SUPPORT ENGINEER
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A leading UK manufacturer of specialist precision-focused agricultural machinery at the forefront of technical innovation and in receipt of various industry awards and accolades through its pioneering product development strategy.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Agricultural machinery
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Excellent salary plus vehicle and benefits package
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? East Midlands (with regular travel, UK and overseas)
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? An addition to the existing service team, brought about by a continued uplift in sales and greater volumes of product in the field, the primary focus of the role is to maintain and enhance the high standards of customer service and technical support for which the Company has an excellent industry reputation. As such, a high standard of technical expertise is required within electronics and electrohydraulic systems in particular, along with a flair for precision technologies and GPS systems. Commissioning and installing new machines, as well as supporting the sales team with demonstrations will also be part of the role.
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- You’ll have a strong passion for agricultural machinery and technology, backed up by some meaningful technical career experience either within the dealer network or for a manufacturer
- You’ll possess good all-round agricultural engineering knowledge, with particular emphasis on machine electronics, precision technology and control systems – you won’t be a stranger to touch screen technology – and an interest in software and programming may also be of value
- A healthy problem-solving approach is required; you’ll be organised and resourceful, capable of resolving technical issues quickly and efficiently
- An agricultural engineering qualification would be useful but not essential
- Previous practical experience in operating agricultural machinery would be very useful in order to carry out machine demonstrations and installations
- You’ll have a good range of interpersonal skills, confident in your ability and capable of articulating yourself to a wide range of personalities
- You’ll need to embrace travel, both within the UK and regularly overseas during busy seasons, and hold a valid passport
- Whilst not travelling, the role is mostly based at the Company’s East Midlands Headquarters, so you should live within a commutable distance and possess a clean driving licence
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
If you’re a motivated individual keen to progress your career with a leading, technology-driven manufacturer and can bring some excellent technical skills to your next career move we’d love to hear from you! Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence), a little bit about you and your career to date. You can send it directly to us firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07810 755594