600 Jersey COWS – Shrewsbury, Shropshire
SPRING BLOCK CALVING!
VARYING EXPERIENCE AND ABILITY WILL BE CONSIDERED!
Fancy a new challenge!? Want to work with a young progressive and relaxed team?! Then get your cv sent in!!!
• We require an enthusiastic, driven and determined individual who has had some stock experience or who has a good level of dairy experience- WE CAN MOLD THE ROLE TO THE INDIVIDUAL.
• The farm focusses on ‘MILK FROM GRASS’ utilising a first-grade grazing infrastructure with excellent tracks, water system and superb grassland.
• The herd calve in a tight spring block and are mainly housed indoors during the winter months. The herd will be dry over Christmas and New Year!
• This is a pure Jersey herd with milk sold to Arla on a manufacturing contract. Replacements are reared in house.
Key responsibilities will be milking, grassland management, liaising with the herd manager, vets and other consultants, general farm work and calf rearing. You will get involved in all areas of the farm and in time take responsibility in your areas of strength.
Being a flexible person who is willing to carry out a number of different tasks and fit in with the existing team are essential qualities.
In return for your efforts we offer as follows:
• highly competitive salary
• Bonus scheme
• Regular time off
• Bungalow on farm free from rent and council tax. The heating is served by a biomass burner.
Call Ben Furnival 07551123045 or email your CV or application form to email@example.com