FIELD AGRONOMIST – West Midlands
Our client, a leading Global Crop Protection company, is keen to recruit an additional Field Agronomist to join their established and expanding R&D team in the West Midlands. The field agronomist will manage and perform all aspects of field cultivations (e.g. ploughing, harrowing, sub-soiling, spraying and combining), will perform test item application and assessments of field trials to satisfy the R&D needs of the company. These new job opportunities will be of interest to R & D Agronomists, Field Trials Specialists, Research Agronomists, or Crop Trials Officers, who are looking for a new and interesting challenge.
Field studies are conducted at sites in the Midlands region on agricultural crops, predominantly cereals and oilseed rape. The team is currently expanding as it undertakes research for a wider portfolio of products, and also undertakes an increasing number of trials relating to foliar products. The company is a progressive one and there will be good long term career prospects in this growing team.
Requirements and Skills: -
- Candidates need to have at least two years’ work experience in Field Trials, or Arable Crop Trials.
- Ideally candidates will be a graduate/HND in Agriculture/Plant Science/Biology.
- Candidates must be familiar with the necessary health and safety regulations.
- PA1 and PA6 are essential.
- A sound understanding of the principals of GLP – preferred.
- Must be motivated, and able to work on own initiative and also as part of a team. Computer literate – Excel, ARM, MS Office software
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate effectively with a farmers, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Experienced in operating agricultural machinery e.g., tractor driving and spraying - preferred
- Full driving licence essential.
Location - West Midlands – please call Margaret for further details.
Salary - Generous salary and benefits package
Please forward your CV or enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or do call Margaret on 07921 454473 for a confidential chat and further information on these new opportunities. Thank you.