Herd Manager – South West
On behalf of our client, De Lacy Executive are currently searching for an experienced Herd Manager to ensure the smooth running of an organic Holstein and Friesian herd located in a beautiful village in the South West.
Reporting to the farm manager, the successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail to ensure excellent grassland management and hygiene are a priority. This innovative farm requires someone adaptable and resilient to ensure the smooth transitioning to robots in the near future.
Close by to outstanding schools, this role comes with a family sized cottage, located a short walk away from the dairy, beef and arable farm.
- General livestock management including feeding, bedding, foot trimming, husbandry and fertility programming.
- Assisting herdsman with milking when required.
- Apply health and safety standards across the farm.
- Liaising with vets, nutritionists and farm reps.
- Recording important data.
- Rearing replacement heifers.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Previous dairy experience is essential.
- Foot trimming skills.
- A good understanding of calf rearing.
- Must be a good record keeper.
- A Full UK driving licence.
- An excellent package is available for this role.
Jane Righton: DD: 01885 485522, Mobile: 07875197231 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.