Senior Biologist - Biosolutions
4 days left
- Full Time
On behalf of a successful and rapidly growing biosolutions company we are seeking an experienced biologist to help establish their in-house bioassay resource. The company develops and sells natural product pesticides and crop protection delivery systems.
The appointed biologist will primarily work in the lab developing bioassay screens to test pesticide formulations against insects, nematodes and fungi. Over time further biologists will be added to the team and so there will be more mentoring and managerial responsibilities too.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing a biological testing capacity
- Design biological test protocols / SOPs
- To test and validate biological test protocols
- Analyse internal trials data
- Present research findings to the wider team in a compelling manner
- Liaise with CROs to design trials
- Review external reports to ensure contractors have delivered to scope
- Mentoring junior staff within the biological team
- Ensure the biologicals lab works to GLP / GEP processes
- Ideas and innovation, close collaboration with wider science team.
- Background in research, ideally at least 3 years, with relevant BSc, MSc or PhD in Integrated Pest Management or similar
- Ability to perform effective literature searches, explore methodologies and set up bioassays.
- Experience in handling plant protection products (PPPs), microbiology, entomology and plant pathology
- Familiarity with statistical analysis methods and relevant software packages
- Presentation and communication skills
- Familiar with EPPO guidelines and good experimental design
- Ideally will be familiar with GLP/GEP and the documentation requirements
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to innovate and develop ideas
- Team player
Salary: Competitive salary package depending on experience
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a completely confidential discussion about this role or to request a copy of the job profile call Margaret Wilkinson on 07921 454473.
Apply for Senior Biologist - Biosolutions
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly