BEEF ON DAIRY SPECIALIST
BEEF ON DAIRY SPECIALIST
- Reporting to: Genetics Manager
- Primary Location: Chowley Oak Business Park, Chester
- Department: Genetics
- Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
- Type: Permanent
- Benefits: Competitive Salary, Annual leave entitlement starting at 21 days, up to 25 days following 2 years service plus bank holidays, Pension, Life Assurance (4 times basic salary)
- Closing date: 25.09.2020
Main Purpose of Role:
To coordinate and support the Beef on Dairy testing programme and promote Beef on Dairy sires in order to add and demonstrate value to our customers.
- To develop, maintain and improve the contact and co-ordination of the Cogent Beef Visions/ Beef on Dairy phenotypic herds.
- To manage and lead on a variety of new and ongoing Beef on Dairy projects.
- To work closely with the Beef Programme Manager and the technical development team on a variety of Beef related projects.
- To work alongside key external stakeholders to co-ordinate and promote the Cogent Beef on dairy programme.
- To develop and maintain current knowledge on the industry and market trends for Beef on dairy requirements.
- To provide technical breeding information for literature, websites and monthly product communications.
- To work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to create strategies to promote Beef on dairy genetics.
- To be responsible for the growth of Beef on Dairy sales in both the UK and International markets, through a close relationship with the relevant Sales teams.
- To evaluate the performance of Beef on dairy sires on farms for promotional purposes.
- To help prepare bulls & progeny for photographs.
- To comply with Company policy and best practise in security, legal and regulatory compliance.
- To ensure that all H&S responsibilities are fulfilled and that the team’s (including the role holder), visitors and contractors safety and welfare is maintained.
- To complete any other duties as required from time to time.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Experience of Cattle breeding and Cattle pedigrees.
- Knowledge of the Beef and dairy Industry.
- Ability to prepare beef cattle for photographs.
- Current Driving Licence.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Driven by organisation, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ambitious with eagerness to develop.
- Leads themselves by taking responsibility, being positive and tackling challenges with enthusiasm.
- Works well with others by building positive relationships, working with integrity, being direct and straightforward whilst respecting and considering others.
- Works well in teams by building team spirit, delivering team goals and being flexible.
- Manages Knowledge by researching new idea ideas and capturing new learning.
- Shares Knowledge by communicating with focus, simplicity and clarity and is able to differentiate fact from opinion.
- Adapts to Change by being able to deal with uncertainty and accepting new ideas.
- Plans and Organises well, by prioritising their activities and managing their time.
- Applies their Expertise and Skills by keeping up to date with their specialist knowledge and demonstrating business and financial awareness.
- Delivers Results to a high standard whilst meeting financial targets and deadlines.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Delivering results.
- Meeting of goals and deadlines.
- Accuracy of information delivered.
- Annual leave entitlement starting at 21 days, up to 25 days following 2 years service, plus bank holidays
- Employee Discounts, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Matching Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Long Service Awards at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 30 years
- Must be prepared to work extra hours if required to meet deadlines.
- Will be expected to travel extensively throughout the UK.
- Will be expected to travel Internationally occasionally.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Kerry Hogg
To apply for this role, or for more information, please click the Apply Button.