WHAT’S THE JOB? SALES MANAGER
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? One of the best-known names in the agricultural machinery sector, this UK manufacturer of specialist products has been supplying equipment for many years to the domestic and export markets. Distributing its products via a well-established dealer network in the UK, as well as extensive overseas sales activity through a number of specialist distributors worldwide, the Company is an expanding business with a strong demand for skilled and motivated individuals to achieve its goals.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Agricultural machinery
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Impressive basic salary + Profit Share + benefits package + vehicle / allowance + progression
WHAT’S THE LOCATION? West Anglia / East Midlands (with regular travel)
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for proposing and delivering the Company’s Sales Plan. Responsibilities will include management of the sales team, management of the Company’s distribution network, both in the UK and in many export markets, marketing and social media and ensuring that the business remains close to the market and its end users – predominantly farmers and agricultural contractors.
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- You’re a highly motivated and experienced sales management professional with a background in agriculture or farm machinery
- You’ll show a strong knowledge of the agricultural machinery sector, in particular its dealer and distribution network both in the UK and overseas
- Commercially switched on, you’ll demonstrate successful and profitable business growth in your career to date, show good knowledge of budget management, the ability to plan and forecast, and react quickly to market opportunities
- You’ll have good all-round team leadership qualities including coaching and development, appraisals, skills gap identification and training
- We’ll need to see your passion and drive, understand your career ambitions and that you are a motivated and well organised team player
- You’ll have a proven ability to form strong and profitable business relationships with dealer principals, sales managers and account managers in order to further develop sales growth
- A semi-technical understanding of machinery would be useful, and time in the tractor seat will also be of value
- First-class communication skills are a given, along with a good all-round level of IT literacy, including CRM / ERP, MS Office and social media
- You’ll have a clean driving licence, reside in the West Anglia / East Midlands area and be prepared to travel on a regular basis including overseas
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? If you’re a driven and motivated team leader with sound commercial skills and good all-round knowledge of the UK agricultural machinery sector, we’d love to hear from you! Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence), and a little bit about yourself. You can email this directly to us - firstname.lastname@example.org