SOFTWARE AND APPLICATIONS ENGINEER – DIGITAL AGRICULTURE
7 days left
- Full Time
WHAT’S THE JOB? SOFTWARE AND APPLICATIONS ENGINEER – DIGITAL AGRICULTURE
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? This rapidly expanding business represents the cutting edge of technology and control systems in agricultural applications, successfully partnering with many high-profile and innovative farming and food supply operations as their go-to technology provider, supplying and supporting a wide range of products and systems to augment precision application, accuracy, output and traceability.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Agricultural technology
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Excellent salary + bonus + vehicle + benefits package
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? UK, home-based with travel
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? You will be responsible for providing high quality software programming skills to the business, able to integrate and communicate with a wide variety of machine control systems and languages. Central to the role will be all-round expertise with CANbus, disruptive programming and the ability to reverse engineer system integration across a wide variety of applications. The role will include customer service, installation, training and aftersales activities both remotely and on site. Seasonal demands will require a flexible approach to working hours which is recognised in a generous annual leave allowance and a modern task-focused approach. Candidates meeting all key criteria for the role, especially with excellent standards of programming expertise combined with an agricultural engineering background, can expect impressive rewards.
WHAT QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
- You’ll have first-class technical and troubleshooting competence (ideally supported by regular training) in agricultural software programming
- Your passion for the technology world and the increasing digitisation of systems will be obvious in conversation with you, and you’ll be able to confidently articulate their functionality
- Practical experience with agricultural machinery would be an advantage, empathy for the producer and an appreciation of the time-pressure sensitivity of field operations
- You must have a high degree of expertise in CANbus, with a background in telematics, mechatronics, automation, robotics or machine control and learning highly desirable
- Programming and coding experience are essential – you’ll have experience with Python, Linux, C/C++ or ROS
- You’ll have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, along with a healthy standard of IT literacy including MS Office applications
- We’ll need to know that you are a natural problem-solver, inquisitive and with a thirst for learning, self-motivated and free thinking
- You’ll be able to ‘see the bigger picture’ when it comes to understanding the impact and benefits of the systems supplied, their practical application, and how your role contributes to increased output
- A relevant degree in agricultural engineering, automotive technology or similar would be of interest, as would a career path within a specialist automation, robotic or machine control business, especially in the agricultural technology sector
- A full clean UK driving licence is required, and you’ll be comfortable with travel throughout the UK and occasionally overseas
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? If you’ve got the passion and drive along with a high technical competence to get on board with a truly innovative and future-focused digital technology provider, we’d love to hear from you. Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence) and a little bit about yourself. You can send this directly to us - firstname.lastname@example.org