Assistant Commodity Trader or Grain Trader – Central London
Our client, a successful boutique soft commodity house, are actively seeking an assistant trader, or junior trader, to join their team. The assistant trader will have a varied workload and will be working in a fast-paced London trading office. The focus of the role will be to assist with sales and marketing, and to ensure clear communications with both suppliers and customers. Attention to detail and plenty of self-motivation will be necessary.
As an assistant trader develops their skills, more responsibility for products and customers, and greater rewards will follow. The company supports career development and full training is provided.
This role would suit a farm trader or junior grain trader who is looking to progress their career.
- To quickly gain knowledge of the different commodities traded
- To work closely with a Senior Trader and support their day-today requirements and eventually provide cover
- Learn and understand both customer needs and supplier requirements
- Negotiate both the Purchase and Sale.
- Contract management
- Liaise with Customers to ensure service-delivery; be prepared to go the extra mile
- Work closely with the commercial transport manager to obtain and negotiate haulage rate for existing and upcoming business.
- Grain Buying or Commodity trading or Financial trading background - very helpful but not essential
- Sales/Negotiation skills, and an ability to work intuitively in entrepreneurial situations
- Well organised with excellent communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and a desire to perform well every day
- Ability to cope with the detailed work of this specialist commodity sector
- Confident approach, both in person and via telephone; ability to relate to customers
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- 2nd language a bonus but not essential
- Honesty & Integrity
Location: CENTRAL LONDON
Salary: Competitive package depending on experience
Please forward your CV or enquiry in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Margaret on 07921 454473 to discuss this opportunity in more detail.
Apply for Assistant Commodity Trader or Grain Trader – Central London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly