Cattle Procurement - South West England
We need a commercially focused individual who is passionate and experienced at working with livestock farmers in the south West of England. This livestock acquisition supply manager role is an opportunity for you to transfer your existing sales and commercial skills into fascinating sector with one of the UK's largest food supply chain businesses.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Seek source and acquire livestock in the right numbers of the right quality, in line with company requirements.
- Develop new and maintain existing relationships with farmers, livestock agents and suppliers.
- Ensure the livestock purchased meet production requirements.
- Carry out farm visits offering advice on selection, breeding and nutrition to farmers.
- Carry out tasks in accordance with current animal welfare legislation and company operating procedures at all times with regard to safe movements, handling and production.
- Contribute to the recording and maintenance of slaughter information and data.
- Ensure livestock deliveries are to schedule
The successful candidate will have proven experience and knowledge of UK livestock farming, perhaps from feed and other product sales areas. Ideally applicants will have excellent practical experience of livestock production and good working relationships with the farming community. It will be an advantage if you have livestock procurement or carcass classification experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the UK livestock industry.
- A strong work ethic.
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Team player.
- Able to form on-going business relationships with farmers.
Remuneration: A competitive salary and package including car will be offered based upon experience.
Please call Lauren Catherall on 01885 485527 or email an up to date copy of your CV (In Word Format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application.
More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy .
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.