Farm Manager – South West
On behalf of our client, De Lacy Executive are currently searching for an experienced Farm Manager to ensure the smooth running of a farm located within the South West. The business is predominately dairy, comprising of an organic Holstein and Friesian herd, beef and arable.
Reporting to the owner, the successful candidate will manage a small but experienced team and ensure the farm is kept and run to a high standard whilst ensuring consistent profits.
The right candidate will be a hands-on team player. Responsible for making key decisions whilst managing the staff to optimise the health and welfare of stock and the potential of the arable business.
Located in a beautiful rural village and close by to outstanding schools, this role comes with accommodation, located a short walk away from the dairy, beef and arable farm.
- Manage day to day work schedules
- Detailed record keeping and financial budget control.
- Adherence to Soil Association Organic Standards and Higher Level Stewardship prescriptions.
- Always ensure high welfare and hygiene standards on the farm.
- Work with the team to achieve effective grassland management.
- Previous farm and team management essential.
- Good dairy experience, ideally in organic farming.
- Adaptable and capable of working under pressure.
- Attention to detail in all aspects.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Business acumen.
- A full UK driving licence.
- A competitive package is available with accommodation.
Jane Righton: DD: 01885 485522, Mobile: 07875197231 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.