Dairy Herds Manager - Somerset
6 days left
- Full Time
De Lacy Executive has been retained to source a senior Herds Manager for a modern, diversified estate in the South West. The successful candidate will have the responsibility for the 300 cow herd, as well as replacements on a well-equipped unit, as well as management of the 3 dedicated staff who are working to the highest standards of animal welfare. You must have a good understanding of a grazing based system and experience in PACE Keenan Feeding would be an advantage, you will report to the Farms Manager
- Have responsibility for milking, herd health, youngstock and record keeping.
- Maintain high standards for yourself and for the farm team.
- Maintain high standards of professional integrity and an ethical approach to business as part of the Company's Management Team.
- Work with the Farms Management team to support the Company's aim for high standards of Health and Safety for its employees, contractors and visitors.
- Have previous experience in Herd Management and the right personality to be able to lead a team.
- Be competent in AI, foot trimming and operating farm vehicles.
- Be computer literate with a sound knowledge of herd computer based records; Interherd experience would be ideal but not necessarily required.
- Work towards managing and motivating the farm team through good leadership.
- Hold a full valid UK Driving Licence.
Your Remuneration: An attractive package is offered with an attractive three-bedroom house, located on the farm.
What Next? For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Jadine Huxtable on: Office 01885 485525or e-mail your CV and covering letter TO email@example.com. Thank you.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
Apply for Dairy Herds Manager - Somerset
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly