Senior Beef Cattle Procurement Manager- South West
We have a career defining and exciting opportunity for a Livestock Buyer to join a successful and renowned meat producer. Our client is based in SW England and is a national, reputable and innovative business. They have built their reputation over many years through providing a quality product and sound business practices. The company is focused on buying cattle to process and distribute through its various brands and outlets.
Reporting directly to the Directors and as part of the procurement team, you will be responsible for the co-ordination of procurement of cattle, in line with volume, specifications.
- You will be regularly out on farms to view stock and provide advice, enabling you to build effective, long lasting relationships with the farmers and producers.
- Carry out farm visits offering advice on selection, breeding and to farmers.
- Working to the EUROP beef classification scheme.
- You will be in the office approx. 50% of the time, working on forecasts with the rest of the team.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing suppliers and building new business with new suppliers.
- You will be covering the whole of SW England but you may also be buying from and visiting farmer suppliers outside of that area.
- Carry out tasks in accordance with current animal welfare legislation and company operating procedures at all times with regard to safe movements, handling and production.
Trainees may be considered for a similar career developing role.
- Have great knowledge of Beef production and ideally the meat industry.
- Be a great communicator who can thrive in a team environment.
- Be confident to build effective internal and external business relationships.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have sound commercial ability with experience in negotiation.
- Be driven, target focused and have a high attention to detail.
- Hold a full UK driving license.
The successful candidate will have proven experience and knowledge of UK livestock farming. Ideally applicants will have excellent practical experience of livestock production and good working relationships with the farming community. It will be an advantage if you have livestock procurement or carcass classification experience. You may well have come from a farm background and developed your commercial skills through sales in animal feed, for example.
Remuneration: A competitive Salary, car allowance and performance related bonus will be available for the right candidate.
Please call Lauren Catherall on 01885 485527 or email an up to date copy of your CV (In Word Format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application.
More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation
Apply for Senior Beef Cattle Procurement Manager- South West
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly