Job title: Tractor Driver
Reporting to: Agricultural Services Manager
- Hedge cutting (Must be able to cut hedges to high standard for non-agricultural customers )
- Digestate fertiliser and slurry spreading/ injection, using Joskin Tanker equipped with application mapping soft where
- Operating JCB Tele-handelers for materials handling rolls
- Fertiliser, cropkare and Lime Spreading including variable rate application using KRM, Kuhn spreaders
- Repair and maintenance to machinery
Additional duties and experience would be beneficial
- Spraying Experience
- Hay Making: cutting, tedding and baling then transporting and stacking the bales.
- Grassland Maintenance
- Muck and compost spreading
- Cultivation Knowledge including ploughing
- Drilling (cereals, grassland and maize)
- Transporting diggers and machinery with tractors and low loader trailers
- Operation of 3 to 14 ton digger
- Any other ad-hoc duties as directed by management.
- Qualifications/requirements include: Tele-handler with knowledge of relevant agricultural health and safety policies and procedures.
- Experience Using JD Greenstar for mapping Auto track and variable rate applications
- Experienced in all operations and tractor work
- Possesses can do attitude. Be flexible and adaptable including to seasonal variations to hours worked. Willing to work long unsociable hours at busy periods during the year as and when required.
- Good communication skills within team and with customers, contractors etc.
- Work effectively in teams and be able to work co-operatively.
- Physically able to perform manual work.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
Hours wise: Normal hours of work are 40 hours per week with variable start and finish times. This maybe over a 7 day period as, due the nature of the job, working can be impacted by the weather. You will however be guaranteed pay of a minimum of 40 hours a week, even if the weather dictates completing some of your role is not feasible. You may be required to work additional hours when authorised and as necessitated by the needs of the business.
Pay: £13-15 per hour.
To apply for this role, or for more information, please click the Apply Button.
Apply for Tractor Driver
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly