Growing Manager | Soft Fruit | Herefordshire
Are you an experienced and passionate Soft Fruit Growing Manager? Do you want to work for one of Europe's leading berry growers using state of the art advanced growing equipment and inputs? Then this could be the job for you. We are working with an innovative and dynamic soft fruit business that predominantly grow strawberries as they look to recruit a Growing Manager to join their team in Herefordshire.
As Growing Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Maximising the inputs available and monitoring growth in order to deliver the best from Strawberry plants
- Managing climatic conditions using modern monitoring systems.
- Crop health monitoring.
- Pest and Disease monitoring and overseeing the application of Biological controls
- Working alongside the operations team to ensure the crops are maintained to the best possible standard
- Reporting accurate yield information.
- Managing and motivating a small team.
We are looking for a talented grower who has experience in producing soft fruit on a large scale. You will have worked in commercial horticulture previously and have a strong understanding of berries. You will also have an operational and commercial focus and be comfortable driving forward efficiencies. Strong communication and people management skills are also a must. BASIS and FACTS qualifications are desirable, training will be provided as part of a development plan. Experience in using PRIVA or climate control systems is desirable.
If this sounds like you, please apply via the link. Alternatively, for a confidential chat about the role, please contact Edina on 01780 480530 or email@example.com