GENERAL MANAGER (FARMS) KENYA
- Full Time
WHAT’S THE JOB? GENERAL MANAGER (FARMS) KENYA
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? One of the leading exporters and producers of premium and prepared vegetables and roses in Kenya. The produce is exported by air all over Europe to many well known and leading retailers. Part of a multi-site operation with state-of-the-art processing facilities this company is both dynamic and commercially driven to success.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? FARM OPERATIONS (KENYA) Vegetables and Roses
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Rewarding salary + benefits package
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? KENYA
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? To oversee all Farm operations and assure optimal farm efficiency from a compliance and certifications perspective. Responsible for the management of Estate security at all times.
- Prepare and maintain Farm budget based on management recommendations for Services
- Oversee each division on the farm, and their Budgets
- Management of Senior staff in each division on the site especially related to production
- Oversea management of workshop staff i.e. allocation of duties
- Maintain staff discipline and welfare in accordance with company policy
- Management of Senior staff
- Coordinate all customer/Audit site visits
- Manager all Record keeping for the site
- Irrigation: Ensure equipment breakdown is kept to an absolute minimum
- Assure Dam maintenance and maximum water retention levels
- Ensure support systems not directly related to field production (buses, tractors…) are fully functional
- Ensure vehicle downtime is kept to an absolute minimum
- Coordinate the movement of any heavy plant machinery between Sites
- Health and Safety: Ensure adherence to compliance and standard measures
- Participate at Farm Welfare Committee Meetings
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- Educated to Degree level in Agriculture or relevant field, ideally with technical operations background preferably in the horticultural domain
- 10+ years of experience in Farm Management in Eastern Africa, ideally multi-faceted sites
- Hands-on experience in machinery and farm equipment operations
- Sound people management skills and the ability to maintain good team discipline
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- High integrity and a good understanding of fresh produce
- Ability to make sound business decision and recommendations
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
So, we’ve caught your eye with this role? If you’re a great General Manager with a high level of experience and success and want to be part of a team, leading fresh produce operations, we’d love to hear from you! Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence), a little bit about you and where you want your successful career to head. You can send it directly to us on email@example.com