Innovation & Science Manager – Livestock
An experienced scientist, ideally with some agriculture or food industry exposure, is sought to join a team which is: leading innovation; directing research funding; assisting the uptake of new science; and aiding the uptake of new technology within the livestock sector, across the whole livestock sector including poultry, pig and ruminant species. This is a brand new role, joining an established and growing team in the North of England. If you have a strong applied science background (PhD or similar) and some experience in the agrifood, food, or agricultural sector then this could be a great new challenge for you? A unique opportunity to really make a difference!
Working with a small team which has a wide reach across the industry, you will need to engage with a wide range of stakeholders from academia right through the supply chain to the farm and producer level. The ability to understand complex technical topics, to share knowledge, and to build networks will be essential. The role will be very varied. There will be some UK travel and occasional overnight stays with visits to partners, stakeholders and conferences.
- Applied science background with PhD or other advanced qualification in relevant topic
- Work experience in the livestock, agrifood or food sector
- Understanding of supply chains, modern livestock production, and agrifood practice
- Commercially aware
- Experience within the pig sector or the poultry sector or animal health or nutrition would be useful
- Ability to research, review and analyse technical data
- Communication skills including ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Project management skills
- Confident and outgoing
- Logical, detail orientated, with methodical approach
- Organised and able to work autonomously
- Enthusiastic about livestock farming and food production
- Team player with collaborative approach
Location: North of England – please call Margaret for details
Salary: Competitive package
Please email your CV to Margaret Wilkinson Margaret@hunterchaseconsultants.co.uk or call Margaret on 07921 454473 for a confidential chat.