Arable Manager – 1,500ha – South Norfolk
Thelveton Farms is looking to recruit an ambitious Arable Manager for a well-established family farm and estate covering approximately 1,500ha cropped land.
The land is predominantly productive Beccles series soil type but also encompasses sufficient light land to support a rotation of 100ha of irrigable crops including potatoes, onions and carrots which are licenced to 3rd party growers. In addition to these crops, the farm grows circa 150ha of sugar beet with the balance of the land in combinable crops and forage maize.
The business is well invested in machinery and buildings and is looking for someone to embrace and adapt to the forthcoming changes and challenges that the industry will be experiencing over the next few years.
Reporting directly to the partners you will be:
- Managing and mentoring 4 full time staff members.
- Responsible for budgets, financial reporting, BPS, Gatekeeper and the farm performance.
- Liaising with the 3rd party potato and veg growers and managing those agreements.
- Delivering a robust approach to Health and Safety at all times.
- BASIS & FACTS qualified, although training will be offered to exceptional candidates.
In return a competitive remuneration package will be offered including a modernised 4 bed detached house, farm truck and other associated benefits.
To apply in confidence please send a CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07802 846835 for further information.
You can also apply for this role by clicking the Apply Button.