Herd Manager – South West
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a hands-on team developing a fresh vision for the UK dairy industry?
You would have two assistant herd people reporting to you, and working as team, will be using the latest technology to optimise animal welfare and sustainable milk production.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated and experienced Dairy Manager to take the next step in their career.
- The day to day management of the herd, ensuring the efficient running of the dairy unit to meet physical, documentational and financial targets
- The all-round care of cow health, fertility, and management tasks, maintenance of the milking equipment, ensuring good cubicle hygiene and managing cow feeding indoor and grazing – all to maintain the highest standards of husbandry
- To continue and improve the highest standards of husbandry and management
- Ensure accurate records are maintained and utilised to drive performance with more informed decisions.
- Support the setup and monitoring of on-farm trials which range from feeding and product trials, to implementing novel technologies
- Several years of proven experience within UK dairy farm management with a passion for the industry.
- An agricultural qualification e.g. Degree/ HND
- A strong interest and high level of aptitude in the use technologies and data
- Excellent communication, attention to deal & organisational skills, with a willingness to support the development of others within the team
- Ideally have certificates of competence in DIY AI, foot-trimming and telehandler operator (training can be provided).
- Full UK driving licence.
A competitive salary is offered with housing allowance. The company also has a pension scheme available, and offers both a childcare voucher scheme and cycle scheme
Apply for Herd Manager – South West
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly