Entomologist or R&D Officer
Great job opportunity to join a leading company who are well established as a global provider of integrated crop management (ICM) solutions, specialising in the biological control of insect pests on a wide variety of crops, particularly vegetable and fruit crops. This role will involve developing innovative insect tools for sustainable agriculture.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- The development of production systems and product formulations for new beneficial insects and mites.
- The development of novel formulations for existing products.
- The development of novel methodologies to improve current production systems targeting improvements in efficiency, quality and cost.
- To design trials and prepare protocols to meet agreed project objectives.
- To collect and collate data from trials to support marketing and commercial teams prior to product launch.
- Carry out field trials in the UK and Europe as necessary.
- Relevant academic qualification in entomology or ICM or biology - preferred
- Knowledge of practical entomology and acarology – essential
- An understanding of mass rearing of insects and mites would be an advantage.
- Good technical knowledge of the uses of biological control agents in crop protection – helpful
- Experience of conducting trials of commercial products or active ingredients in greenhouses would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of project management.
- Experience working with beneficial insect & mite products in crops would be an advantage.
- Experience of designing and planning trials work, recording, analysing and interpreting data.
- Able to work as part of a team to meet departmental objectives.
- Excellent communications skills
- Well organised and able to plan project effectively
- Willing to travel on company business as required.
Salary: £25-30k base plus benefits
Please contact Margaret for further details on 07921 454473 or email your CV to Margaret@hunterchaseconsultants.co.uk