Technical Support Manager - (Agronomy & Forage Services)
Fane Valley is the largest retail distributor of agronomy and forage products and services in Northern Ireland. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Support Manager to join our team and support the development of our Agronomy and Forage Services division.
Job: Technical Support Manager - (Agronomy & Forage Services)
Ref: Ref: FV/TSM/12/20
Closing Date: 11/12/20
• Based in Moira and reporting to the Agronomy and Forage Services Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Agronomy and Forage team in the delivery of agronomic advice and support to customers involved with crop production, including seed selection, crop nutrition, crop protection, soil nutrition, forage production and conservation;
• Research and develop the product portfolio with responsibility for selecting the latest crop protection products, cereal seeds, and forage seeds for promotion across the business;
• Monitor and review scientific and technological developments in the areas of crop nutrition, soil management and improvement, and identify how these can be incorporated into an enhanced technical support services package for Fane Valley customers.
• Candidates will be educated to degree level in agriculture, agricultural science, crop production or a related discipline and have at least 5 years’ experience of working within the agronomy industry in an advisory role;
• Have previous experience of providing agronomic support to farmers for arable and forage crop production;
• Be a qualified BASIS and FACTS Adviser;
• Have a proven record of providing high levels of customer service and support, ensuring that customers receive a first-class service;
• Be a team player with strong leadership skills and the ability to develop and support a team of agronomists, ensuring that both customers and the Agronomy and Forage team are adequately supported;
• Have excellent business acumen with a commercial focus and be able to deliver on targets;
• Show attention to detail and be a natural problem solver who can offer innovative solutions to meet customer needs and the needs of the agronomy team to secure and grow sales.
In return, the company offers an attractive salary with bonus, a benefits package, a company car a structured training and development programme and excellent career progression opportunities.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley.
Email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 9261 0480 or apply directly through our Get Got portal at https://fanevalley.getgotjobs.co.uk
You can also apply for this role by clicking the Apply Button.