Farm Manager - Layers - Oxfordshire
De Lacy Executive have been retained to source a Farm Manager for an expanding family free range egg business located in the picturesque county of Oxfordshire.
Our client is an established, progressive and expanding family business. Due to increased demand of their product, they are now seeking a Farm Manager for their egg unit. The ideal candidate will be passionate about layers, their welfare and how to get the best end- product; quality eggs. The ideal candidate will have had experience at Assistant Manager level who is ready for the next stage in their career, although those at Farm Manager level are still encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of this role include and are not limited to:
- Working alongside the Managing Director to maintain the health of the hens to achieve industry production targets and proactively identify ways to continuously improve the flock
- Ensuring the welfare of livestock, blood testing, ventilation management, vaccination and record keeping.
- Maintaining safe work practices of all employees and contractors on site.
- Managing a small team of people.
- Compliance with legislative and assurance scheme standards.
As an ideal candidate you will have:
- Ideally some managerial experience, although not essential.
- Excellent welfare standards.
- Good level of experience in working with layers or other poultry industry experience.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and carry out manual duties.
- Need to have effective communication skills and be self-motivated to gain results.
- Basic Computer skills.
- The ability to use farm equipment with confidence
- Valid UK Driving Licence.
The Offer: An attractive salary with bonus and accommodation will be offered to the successful candidate.
The Next Step:
At this initial stage, please email Jadine Huxtable your CV and covering letter (preferably in Word please) to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01885 485525 for more information.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.