Farm Production Manager - Worcester
Farm Production Manager - Worcester
Why Teal Turf?
Worcestershire based Teal Turf grows premium grade lawn turf and distributes nationally over 100 tonnes of product per working day across two farms of production.
Teal Turf is a progressive, family-owned business that has been established for over 30 years with a direct focus on customer requirements. We are constantly adapting our growing techniques in order to increase efficiency and have made substantial investments in machinery to ensure superior quality is maintained, whilst minimising the impact we have on the environment on which we rely.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Farm Production Manager who will have shared responsibility for the company production base; reporting to the Managing Director you will lead a team of over 5 full-time staff supported by the office-based operations manager, administration staff, and a machinery service manager.
The role will include direct oversight of all outdoor and field-based operations including overseeing safe-working practices, day-to-day staff management and general involvement into the continued development of agronomy and production methods to maximise yield and increase efficiency whilst monitoring the cost base.
The position will be hands on with the ability (in time) to operate all the farms machinery and be able to teach others. We run a wide variety of machinery including, John Deere, Fendt and JCB tractors all with RTK with systems such as section control and specialist turf cultivating and harvesting equipment.
Please take a look at our machinery and general field operations on our Instagram page at https://www.instagram.com/teal_turf/
As a key member of the senior management team, you will demonstrate outstanding communication and leaderships skills. You will also develop and maintain strong working relations with the field production team and, leading by example you will be involved and manage the delivery of all operations including the establishment, growing, irrigation and harvesting of the turf.
In addition to this you will be required to ensure all operations are conducted in line with Health and Safety requirements and time critical operations are carried out as determined by the crop and seasonal/commercial demands.
The successful candidate should have:
- Proven and relevant experience in agriculture (Preferably Arable or fresh produce).
- A positive can-do attitude.
- An understanding and keen interest in state-of-the-art farm machinery.
- The ability to teach others how to operate machinery safely.
- Strong people management experience and skills.
- A willingness to engage practically at all levels and demonstrate the ability to tackle a wide variety of tasks.
- The ambition to learn, develop and progress inside a busy business environment.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Certificates of PA1, PA2, rough terrain forklift licence and HGV would be advantageous but not essential.
What is in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- House (if required, more details on request)
- A company vehicle
- Relevant training provided
- Working in a fun and progressive team
How to apply?
To apply for this position, please forward a current CV together with a covering letter addressed to Peter Lole emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or send via post to the address on our website.
Please note that all enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If you need more information, please email email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 29th January 2021
You can also apply for this role by clicking the Apply Button.