We have a fantastic new opportunity for an Indoor Pig Stockperson (entry-level or experienced).
This producer is currently seeking to recruit for their modern breeding site based in Dorset (DT2).
Duties will include:
- Working within the farm team
- Assisting in the day-to-day running for the unit
- General husbandry
- Monitoring the health and welfare of the animals
- Ensuring the right conditions are achieved prior to farrowing
- Serving of sows
- Movement of animals
Candidates must demonstrate that they have an understanding of animal welfare and hygiene practices along with the ability to work to a high standard without supervision. They will have excellent written, numerical and verbal skills.
A can-do attitude and good attention to detail are essential, and the right applicant will be:
- A team player
- Motivated for good results
- Flexible and willing to work rotating weekends
Previous experience in pig stockmanship is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
The company can offer excellent career opportunities and training to ensure people reach their full potential.
Accommodation is not available so candidates must be able to commute to DT2.
Apply for Pig Stockperson
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly