Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 155 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
LOCATION: Bathgate, Scotland (EH48 3BP)
At Cargill, we strive to be the best choice in animal nutrition solutions. Cargill is a leading supplier of Salmon and Trout feed, distributed under the EWOS brand. With a strong focus on research and innovation, we provide the scientifically validated feed products our customers need to support all stages of production. Our continued focus on developing the most sustainable, most innovative products in the industry is matched by our long track record of helping salmon producers succeed.
This is an exciting position with Cargill Aqua Nutrition to ensure products are produced in a safe, cost efficient manner which meet customer quality requirements on time and to specification. The Shift Manager will also mentor and empower a team of operators, developing them to their full potential. The Shift Manager will report to the Production Manager and will be required to deputize in their absence.
- To maintain and continuously improve Environmental Health & Safety with in the plant
- To continually evaluate product quality in conjunction with the Quality department, implementing corrective actions if required to ensure customer specifications are met
- To monitor, measure and report on production related process performance, including root cause analysis
- To supervise and coach the production teams, developing them and conducting performance reviews
- Support any production related continuous improvement activities
- Deputize in the absence of the Production Manager and conduct any ad hoc tasks as required
- Secondary level qualifications (Math’s and English)
- The ability to work safely at all times and ensure the safety of others
- Proven production management experience in the Aquafeed/ Animal Feed Sector – other industries will be considered
- Able to provide clear objectives, provide feedback, suggest improvement for individual performance to direct reports
- Change management skills to introduce new ways of thinking and behaving
- Manage conflicting priorities and deadlines
- IOSH/ NEBOSH or an alternative Health and Safety Qualification
- Awareness of or formal Lean Six Sigma qualification
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
BUPA Healthcare, Pension scheme, life cover, full benefits
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a pre-recorded video interview. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final factory based interview will also be needed.
You can also apply for this role by clicking the Apply Button.