Cobrey Farms, Ross- On- Wye, Herefordshire.
Cobrey Farms is a leading agricultural and horticultural business which employs over 1300 employees on a permanent and seasonal basis. The business grows, grades, and packs a variety of crops and has a small admin team which runs the accountancy and office functions.
Due to business growth, we are looking for an experienced assistant accountant to join our team to ensure account functions are completed accurately and efficiently.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience of running purchase ledger and making supplier payments.
- Experience of running sales ledger, especially credit control.
- Ability to prepare records to trial balance stage, including journals and reconciliation of control accounts.
- Have previous experience of running a payroll including preparation of data and an understanding of pensions.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver right- first- time results quickly.
- A minimum of AAT 3 or evidence of equivalent experience.
Day to Day duties and responsibilities.
- Responsibility for taking ownership of the purchase and sales ledgers, including authorisation for payment of invoices.
- Responsibility for setting up supplier payments, ensuring the correct suppliers are paid the correct amounts in a timely and efficient manner.
- To raise sales invoices and send correspondence to customers by email.
- monitor the sales ledger balances and be responsible for credit control and ensuring all credit terms are adhered to.
- Responsible for reporting and actioning aging credit balances.
- To raise sales invoices utilizing farm accountancy software.
- Reconcile supplier and customer accounts to the ledger monthly, investigating any anomalies and acting, as necessary.
- You will assist the Management Accountant with preparation of monthly and year end accounts.
£25,000 to £30,000 depending upon experience and qualifications. Opportunities for continued training will be available for the right candidate.
Previous experience of agricultural and horticultural business would be an advantage.
For further details about the role, please call Emma Hicks (HR Manager) 01989 562770
Interviews to take place 9th and 10th February.
Application deadline: 08/02/2021
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year