Assistant Farm Manger – Leicestershire/Nottinghamshire
An exciting opportunity to work for a diverse family business passionate about conservation and community has become available in Leicestershire. The farm comprises of livestock, an equestrian centre, farm shop and holiday lets.
Within this unique and interesting role, you will be expected to be involved in all aspects of the day to day running of the business and work closely with the owners. This is a hands-on position and you will be required to be adaptable to the farm's needs.
The livestock enterprise is made up of grass-fed beef and sheep. All of which source the butchery and are sold to the local community via the farm shop. You will need previous livestock experience for this position, and you must be prepared to be flexible during lambing and calving times. As the Farm Shop businesses continue to expand, you will be responsible for growing the livestock numbers.
The well-established equestrian centre includes livery events and tuition on site. The three holiday lets are presented to a high standard and this role requires you to be on hand for maintenance duties.
- Reporting to the owners, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the business.
- You will practically assist in all areas of the farm where necessary.
- You will act as a mentor to others and encourage personal development within the team.
- You will be actively encouraged to identify any areas or opportunities where the business could develop or mitigate future challenges.
- You will be self-motivated with a practical mindset.
- Excellent organisational skills are essential.
- You will have good attention to detail.
- You will have previous livestock experience and a strong interest in conservation.
- Equestrian and country pursuits experience is preferred.
- You will be able to drive a tractor and operate other machinery safely.
- A full UK driving license.
- An excellent package is available for the right candidate.
Call Jane Righton: DD: 01885 485522, Mobile: 07875197231 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.