TECHNICAL SERVICE MANAGER
WHAT’S THE JOB? TECHNICAL SERVICE MANAGER
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A hugely respected manufacturer of agricultural machinery; long established, with a genuine global reach. From its European headquarters the Company designs and develops an extensive range of products appropriate to the key markets within which it enjoys considerable commercial success. Not least of these is the UK, in which the Company has enjoyed many years of sales growth, and where a robust and proactive dealer network sells and provides excellent levels of product support to a portfolio of equipment at the cutting edge of technology and innovation.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Agricultural Machinery
WHAT’S THE SALARY? Excellent Package including great benefits + vehicle
WHAT’S THE LOCATION? Midlands – can be home based in central England
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? Directly accountable for the technical service function of the business throughout the UK, including dealer support, warranty and training, to ensure maximum product uptime and end user satisfaction. You will have a team of field based technical support specialists at your disposal, along with office-based support and admin resources, as well as resources and data at factory level. This is a role requiring a high level of managerial and team leadership expertise, strong belief in systems, process and continuous improvement and a healthy background in the agricultural machinery sector, displaying excellent technical expertise and knowledge of current and future technologies.
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- You’ll have an impeccable career history in the agricultural machinery sector, from an engineering / technical background, showing progression and increasing responsibility and high achievements
- You’ll be experienced in managing a department, with positive team leadership qualities, people and customer focused, budgeting and project management
- Your knowledge of manufacturer-dealer relationships will be in-depth, and you’ll understand how to get the best from this relationship, resulting in strong partnerships providing first class field technical support and developing the dealer service function further
- Experience in managing warranty and service functions will be required, especially if this includes use of goodwill / policy budgets and product improvement plans, recalls and update programmes
- We’d like to see involvement in managing training programmes, including dealer skills analysis, planning and implementing modules based on local machine populations and dealer pipeline orders
- You’ll understand the escalation process for product failures, and recognise the need for rapid intervention and decision making in order to close down delicate situations where necessary
- Your background will ideally include liaison and feedback to factory level and the ability to implement a corporate strategy
- High standards in communication and presentation and IT (CRM, manufacturer service and warranty systems) are pre-requisites
- You’ll reside in Central England / Midlands with a good home office setup, have a clean driving licence and be prepared to travel regularly
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? If you’re a motivated individual keen to progress your career with a premium brand manufacturer and are familiar with the key requirements of the role we’d love to hear from you! Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence) directly to firstname.lastname@example.org