Our client is looking to employ a Pig Stockperson for one of its 550-sow farms in Bedfordshire.
The modern unit has state-of-the-art weaner and farrowing accommodation.
The successful applicant will cover all aspects of the breeding unit, including:
- Cleaning and bedding up the sow/gilt yards using a skid steer
- Gilt management
- Farrowing house duties
- Weaner health check and treatments
- A competitive salary
- Work 1 in 3 weekends (when experienced to do so)
- Bonus scheme
- Previous experience working on a pig farm
- A passion for the highest welfare standards
- Effective communication skills with the ability to be self-driven
- Excellent stockmanship skills
- UK driving licence
- Basic IT skills (although not essential)
Salary: £24k - £28k + Bonuses + Housing.