Field Trials Agronomists – Oxfordshire and Nottinghamshire
On behalf of a leading research organisation, Hunter Chase Consultants are currently seeking several experienced Field Trial Agronomists for crop trials work on farms in England. Experienced R&D Agronomists, Field Trials Technicians, Development Agronomists and Crop Trials Officers are encouraged to apply. The trials inform development decisions in agriculture and are conducted on behalf of crop protection, fertiliser and seed companies. All field trials are conducted to high standards and in accordance with the relevant guidelines.
Field studies are conducted on agricultural crops (mainly combinable crops) and horticultural crops at sites across the Midlands and North from field stations in Oxfordshire and Nottinghamshire.
Duties of the Field Trial Agronomists will include:
- Responsibility for planning, implementation and management of fungicides, insecticides and herbicides field trials in their locality.
- Seed trials including field preparation, sowing, maintenance and harvesting.
- Contact local farmer to find suitable trial sites for the trials according to the protocol or the study plan. Set up and mark the site and maintain.
- Apply the treatments according to the application schedule
- Where applicable conduct the samplings of specimens (soils, leaves etc) according to the protocol (time limits, intervals, crop stage, quantities, etc)
- Make assessments and observations on your trials, collect and collate data.
- Assist the harvest team during the harvest period and collect relevant samples
- Record results on IT system.
- Ideally candidates need to have practical work experience in Field Trials, Horticultural Trials, or Arable Crop Trials.
- Candidates ideally will be familiar with the necessary procedures & protocols including health & safety
- Ideally candidates will be a graduate/HND in Agriculture/Plant Science/Biology or similar.
- Must be motivated and enthusiastic, able to work on own initiative, autonomously.
- Farming and arable crop growing experience and knowledge helpful.
- Computer literate - good report writing and data handling skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Full driving licence essential.
Location: Oxfordshire or Nottinghamshire
Salary: Competitive salary package, vehicle, pension and private health care.
Please call Margaret Wilkinson for a confidential discussion about these opportunities on 07921 454473 or email your CV to email@example.com