FIELD SUPPORT TECHNICIAN – DIGITAL AGRICULTURE
WHAT’S THE JOB? FIELD SUPPORT TECHNICIAN – DIGITAL AGRICULTURE
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? This rapidly expanding business represents the cutting edge of technology and control systems in agricultural applications, successfully partnering with many high-profile arable farming operations as their go-to technology provider, supplying and supporting a wide range of products and systems to augment precision application, accuracy, output and traceability.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Agricultural machinery and technology
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Competitive salary + bonus + vehicle + benefits package + specialist tools + training
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Home-based, to cover the North of England and Scotland, ideally located along the A1 corridor – York to Newcastle
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? Infinitely varied, you will be responsible for providing high quality timely support to the Company’s growing UK customer base, both remote and on-site, as well as system installation and operator training. Typical systems include machine control, application rate and section control, steering, telemetry and data management, both hardware and software. You will be joining a small team of like-minded professionals, focused on the development of future technologies and with a passion for the digital environment. Seasonal demands will require a flexible approach to working hours which is recognised in a generous annual leave allowance and a modern task-focused approach.
WHAT QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
- You’ll have thorough technical and troubleshooting experience (ideally supported by regular training) in agricultural technology systems, either from a dealership or manufacturer background
- Your passion for the technology world and the increasing digitisation of systems will be obvious in conversation with you, and you’ll be able to confidently articulate their function and agronomic benefits
- All-round experience with diagnostic systems, vehicle technology including Canbus, electrohydraulic and pneumatic systems is a must-have; Isobus, GPS, GNSS or RTK experience would also be desirable
- You’ll have good interpersonal and communication skills, along with a healthy standard of IT literacy including MS Office applications
- Practical experience in wiring harness repair, makeup and installation would ease a swift integration
- Your hands-on machine operator skills will be evident – the tractor cab will be a familiar environment and you will understand the context in which products and systems are installed, with a high degree of end user empathy and familiarity with touch screens, especially control systems for seed drills, sprayers and fertiliser spreaders
- A relevant degree in automotive technology, agricultural engineering or similar would be of interest, as would strong experience in the dealership environment showing specialism in precision technology
- Interest in automation, connectivity, remote support and monitoring, drone technology, Internet of Things (and more) will all count in your favour
- A full clean UK driving licence is required, and you’ll be comfortable with regular travel (occasionally overseas)
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? If you’ve got the passion and drive to get on board with a truly innovative and future-focused digital technology provider, we’d love to hear from you. Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence) and a little bit about yourself. You can send this directly to us - firstname.lastname@example.org