Farm Manager/Assistant Farm Manager - Hertfordshire
De Lacy Executive have been retained by a progressive Farming/Animal Feed business based in Hertfordshire. Growing, harvesting, drying and packing forage crops.
We are looking for an experienced Manager to join their team. Alternatively this role would suit an Assistant/Junior Farm Manager looking for the next step up in their career.
This is an excellent career opportunity offering a varied role managing their own land and that of contract growers. You will be responsible for seeing the cycle through from agreeing new land with contract growers to Harvest and final packing of products.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- Crop Planning
- Basic agronomy/Crop walking
- Liaising/relationship building with contract growers
- Harvest planning organising and implementing
- Staff recruitment
- Managing a large team during the harvest period
- Machinery purchasing/maintenance scheduling
- Compliance with current H&S legislation and quality assurance schemes
- Experience of growing/harvesting forage crops an advantage
- Strong organisation and people management skills
- Drive and determination
- An enthusiastic ‘can-do’ practical attitude
- Mechanically minded
- Good IT Skills
- Commercial awareness
- Able to work flexibly to achieve the overall aims of the business
This is a key role in the business with a lot of responsibility and will attract a competitive remuneration package, including company vehicle. A relocation/housing allowance may be on offer to the right candidate.
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Amanda Latham on: DDI 01885 485524 or Mobile 07730 218934
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation