To work as part of a small team of horticultural / agricultural engineers based in South Warwickshire but primarily working throughout England, Wales and Scotland. The job involves some overnight stays, usually one sometimes two nights a week.
This permanent post will include but not be limited to:
- Maintaining, servicing, rebuilding, and re-programming horticultural machinery mainly at Hortec’s workshop in Lower Tysoe, Warwickshire and also on customer sites.
- Ensuring that the Workshop space is clean and tidy and that the stores are kept in good order and, with the Service Engineer, re-ordering of parts etc.
- Delivering and training customers in the use of hire machinery and collecting the same
- Delivering, commissioning and training customers in the use of new, used and hire machinery
- Answering of incoming telephone calls, providing telephone support, and advising on, and dispatching spare parts to customers.
- Ensuring that all Hortec Grow With Technology Ltd administrative procedures are adhered to.
- Any other duties which Hortec Grow With Technology Ltd may, from time to time, assign to you
The successful applicant will need to be a well-motivated individual keen to develop their existing skills. He or she will also have:
- Appropriate technical experience, i.e. electrical (knowledge of electrics essential including 3 phase, single phase and low voltage), mechanical engineering and pneumatics. Some fabrication skill would be useful.
- Literate and numerate, ideally having GCSE (grade A to C or equivalent) Maths and English.
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills essential
- Driving Licence essential, ideally with B&E trailer category qualification.
- Trailer and forklift experience useful but training will be given
- Passport would be useful as there may be some international factory visits.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- No overtime pay but ‘Time off in Lieu’ given.
- 30 days (including statutory days) paid holiday annually
Apply for Horticultural Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly