Our client has a thriving family farm-to-table enterprise supplying consumers, retailers and five farmers markets.
They have 400-500 weaners to finishers, 20 breeding sows, sheep and turkeys.
They are looking for an experienced Pig Stockperson to assist with growing the herd of pigs and sheep.
Ideally, the chosen candidate will have good experience of working with an outdoor pig herd, and you will understand the challenges and benefits of working with pigs in this environment.
Key duties would include:
- Working with the team to bring livestock to correct weights ready for market
- Checking animal health, and implementing strategies and treatment plans as required
- Liaising with the team and suppliers to ensure that correct stocks of supplies are in place for successful management of the animals
- Transporting livestock
- Working with the family to develop and deliver the long term growth strategy and goals for the business
- Liaising with other key team members to ensure critical on-farm tasks are undertaken
- Supporting the farm manager with general record keeping and the records required for the RPA higher level stewardship
- Discounted/free food
- Company events & social hours
- On-site parking
There is a 2 bedroomed mobile home accommodation or local to RH5.
Salary: Hourly rate from £9.50 ph up to £12 ph – depending on experience.