BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – Equine
WHAT’S THE JOB? BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – Equine
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A Royal Warrant holding, leading innovator in animal nutrition and health
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Equine
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Competitive Package + Car / Allowance + Phone & Laptop
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Home Based in Southern England – below M4 – Occasional travel to Company Head Office
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE?
- To develop the business across thoroughbred and performance equine trade; in particular leisure, racing yards, stud farms, equestrian yards and specialised merchants, delivering product portfolio growth by increasing distribution, growing market share and increasing profitability year on year
- Day to Day management of retailers and wholesalers alike, instigating growth plans and joint business agreements
- To provide nutritional advice and support to customers and company staff in line with the company business plan and in a manner befitting our clients high profile within the equine market
- To support with account management of specified retailers
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- Ambitious driven individual with excellent industry knowledge and network of relevant contacts
- Proven track record of success in a Business development/sales role within the equine sector
- Strong communications skills, ability to interface confidently internally and externally, at all levels is a prerequisite
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Extensive travel required – ability to develop effective journey plans is essential
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Delivery of great customer service
- Demonstrate flexibility, reliability and enthusiasm for the role
- Take full accountability for all decisions and how they impact the company
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills across market and account statistics
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? In the first instance please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated in confidence.