Assistant Farm Manager
W.J. & M. Mash Limited have an exciting opportunity for the position of Assistant Farm Manager for their farming operations near Chesham, Bucks. A mixed farm of 1300 acres comprising of arable and grass which supports their herd of pedigree Limousin cattle.
The principle responsibilities of the Assistant Farm Manager are to:
- Execute arable farming operations in line with an agreed seasonal plan as set out by the Managing Director
- Manage, farm employees and as appropriate, ensure that all work and operations are performed to desired standards and timelines
- Deliver productivity targets in the arable enterprise to the extent that such targets are within operational control
- In a timely manner, prepare and gain agreement for detailed seasonal plans and resources for arable enterprises
- Comply with regulations set by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) for safe, high-quality produce farmed in an environmentally sustainable manner
- Maintain farm assets – buildings, plant, machinery, gates, fencing and access routes in good condition – within the budgets agreed
- Provide the Managing Director with regular, accurate and informative reports to enable quality decision making on farming operations.
For this permanent position the successful candidate can expect:
- A competitive salary (£35,000 - £40,000 p.a dependent on experience)
- Accommodation on the farm, dependent on the requirements of the candidate
- Leave - 28 days including bank holidays
- Nest Pension
In order to be a strong candidate for this role, you need to:
- Have a 1st or 2:1 degree in Agriculture
- FACTS, BASIS & NroSo qualifications.
- Have 5 years of experience managing staff and operations
- Have a clean driving licence
- A forklift ticket would be an advantage
- Be committed to excellence and take pride in your work
- Be diligent, conscientious and willing to support the farm operations as a whole
- Be a person of high integrity
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate how you have improved the operations you have been involved with
- Be prepared to work irregular hours, and when required, long days
- Be physically fit and capable of undertaking physically demanding manual operations
If you believe you meet the criteria for this role and that we should speak with you, please submit a letter explaining how you meet the criteria we are looking for, and why you believe you are the best candidate we are likely to find. Please also submit your CV.
Closing date for applications: May 31st 2021
You can also apply for this role by clicking the Apply Button.
No recruitment agencies required
Apply for Assistant Farm Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly