Seed Biologist or Seed Laboratory Technician
Global crop protection and biosolutions company seek experienced laboratory technician with seed skills!
An experienced biologist is sought to join a well-established R & D team in the busy Seed Biology laboratory. Responsibilities will include: writing study plans, investigating seed treatments, setting up bioassays and assessments, and seed testing to International Seed Testing Association Standards (ISTA). High standards of data recording, and also the maintenance of the laboratory resources, including living resources, will be essential. An appreciation of the principles of GLP and ORETO guidelines will also be helpful. This is a great career opportunity to take up a really interesting and varied seed biology role – acting as a study director on seed related projects, working with the wider research team of this Global business, developing new study models, and communicating results within expected timescales.
- Degree in Biology, Plant Science, Plant Physiology, or similar
- 2-3 years’ experience in a plant science or seed laboratory or research laboratory.
- Good knowledge of plant biology and plant physiology, especially seed biology and seed pathology.
- Seed testing experience preferred
- Laboratory skills and experience
- IT literate with understanding of statistics ideally ARM software.
- Writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Collaborative and creative
Salary: Competitive salary package and benefits.
Location: West Midlands – call Margaret for precise location details
Please email your CV to email@example.com or for a completely confidential discussion about this role or to request a copy of the job profile call Margaret Wilkinson on 07921 454473.
Apply for Seed Biologist or Seed Laboratory Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly